Sports Marketing Service Representative, TennisApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. exists to innovate for athletes. Nike Sports Marketing professionals provide the vital linkage between the company and Nike-sponsored athletes, clubs and federations worldwide. Sports Marketing employees partner with premier athletes to collect insights about existing and future products, gather inspirational stories about sport and nurture long-term relationships between the athletes and the company. The team develops and executes sports marketing strategies, obtains endorsements and licensing agreements and serves as Nike ambassadors to the sports community worldwide. Their relationships build the foundation of Nike’s product creation: Nike creates exceptional products because its employees listen to exceptional athletes.Description
You will be ultimately on point for a portfolio of different assets, including Global and Regional Juniors, Global and Regional Coaches, all our Scouts, Academies and Consultants. Such responsibility includes managing the relationship with them, forecasting their product needs, and servicing them to the highest level in the Tennis industry.
In addition, you'll work closely with our Field Reps supporting them from WHQ, and with our international regions supporting their international service needs.
Ability to prioritize among multiple competing tasks is key to the success of the role. You'll have to rely on your innate ability to find a way to get things done, as last minute requests seem to be a daily occurrence in Sports Marketing. Also, extensive knowledge of our ordering system (SAP), as well as general shipping "know how" will be important as you navigate through your day-to-day responsibilities.
As with all jobs in Sports Marketing, thorough communication skills, both written and verbal, will be one of the foundations on which you'll base your work. Also, tennis direct experience is an important component for the success of this position, whether through playing the game competitively, or through relevant past/current work experience in the tennis industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- 1 year directly relevant work experience
- 2 years' additional experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience with warehouse/shipping processes and ordering systems (SAP) is preferred.
- Proven ability to service assets such as team, key accounts, athletes, etc.
- Relevant tennis knowledge through playing competitively, past/current work experience, etc.
- Knowledge of Nike product is preferred
- Nike experience is preferred
- Proficient with software applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Keynote)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives
- Excellent information seeking skills and facilitate to make things happen
- Ability to work in a self-guided manner and cooperatively in a diverse group
- Ability to network and utilize internal and external resources
- Ability to exercise high degree of professionalism
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to travel up to 30%
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00426049