Sr. Communications Director, Global Jordan BrandApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Soul, performance and style take flight at Jordan Brand. With its deep roots in basketball, the Jordan Brand began as an homage to one player: Michael Jordan. Since then, Jordan has become synonymous with peak performance and an endless pursuit of greatness. Employees in merchandising, product branding, sports marketing and sales bring creativity, innovation and audacious design to footwear and apparel, all with one mission in mind: help athletes fly on and off the court.Description
The role works closely with Jordan Brand’s Global Marketing and Leadership Teams to oversee the creation and implementation of a communications strategy that engages, inspires and informs Jordan Brand consumers across the world.
You will develop strategic plans and initiatives that identify and align with business and brand goals, outline clear messaging and audiences, while creatively engaging the appropriate levers to activate. This will include efficient, timely communication across multiple channels and functions internally. You will contribute regularly to management discussions and planning as an integral member of the Jordan and Global Communications team.
An effective candidate is capable of cultivating relationships with multiple business partners, across multiple functions, while delivering appropriate guidance to senior leadership. They need to deliver a forward looking approach to Jordan Brand’s communications strategies, evolving as the function progresses and proactively adapting to the ever-changing environment. They need to be well-versed in message development, with excellent writing skills.
Strategy + Ideation
- This work will include exploring new communications strategies, content development, experiential events, creating long-format storytelling and social media concepts and ideas, measurement and analysis
- You will lead global communications direction for Jordan Brand
- You will lead a global agency team distributed across multiple key cities
- Develop seasonal plans and story maps to support communications and brand objectives that focus on innovation, sustainability and design
- Oversee seasonal product support plans for Jordan Brand —long-lead and in-season—by partnering with global and NA brand teams to understand and elevate seasonal priorities and innovation stories
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Business, or related discipline
- 10 years' + professional experience in a high profile communications role, either in agency or in-house
- 2 additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree
- Ability to network and influence across media, with a background in pitching media
- Demonstrated project management experience with events and initiatives across multiple partner relationships
- Proven ability to communicate plans across a complex matrix on a corporate, regional and functional basis
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses, or elevate to higher management
- Ability to Travel, 20-30%
- Experience working on high profile consumer brands
- Communications experience in apparel/footwear, performance sports communications experience
- Knowledge of footwear/apparel industry
- Deep understanding of both evolving consumer communications environment and digital landscape with knowledge of media, digital media, social media and influencers
- Passion for sport
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID SRC111918SCDGJB