NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building – and sharing – digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We’re passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you’re an athlete.
At Nike Digital, we’re revolutionizing fitness and sport. We’re creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike’s proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our prodcts, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows.
Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day.
Ryan Miller Technical Architect
Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
Company Wide Volunteering
Working in the Nike Direct Digital Commerce Operations organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job. You'll be an ambassador of the Nike brand -- everything we stand for: drive, determination, the unyielding commitment to excellence, these all will be a part of your everyday experience. We're committed to making every consumer's experience a rewarding one, and as a member of our team, your contributions will be a big part of our success.
At Nike, we connect wherever the consumer lives. And we all know our consumers are increasingly living in a world where they are always digitally connected. As the Digital Accessibility Senior Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and suggesting potential solutions to deliver accessible web and app experiences for our consumers. You will partner with various digital teams to train, educate and provide expertise on key accessibility best practices. You will contribute to on-going policy and guidelines for accessibility standards and requirements.
- Be recognized as an accessibility subject matter expert for the digital teams
- Use your expertise to improve our experiences on the web and on our apps
- Identify top areas or issues impacting the user experience for consumers with different abilities and drive the appropriate solutions
- Be able to explain clearly the accepted accessibility standards, including WCAG to partner teams and stay abreast of changes in the space
- Coach, train and guide other teams on accessibility best practices
- Partner with other initiatives throughout Nike that focus on athletes of all abilities and ages
- Serve as a leader within product teams (design, engineering, ux) driving consistent standards compliant with applicable laws and/or relevant digital guidelines
- Bachelors in Business, Marketing, Technology or equivalent. Graduate degree preferred.
- Passion for web and app accessibility
- 8+ years of professional experience in a digital business; 3-5 years of experience specifically in web and/or app accessibility
- Familiarity with free and paid tools in the market for accessibility evaluations, testing and improvements, including JAWS and NVDA
- Demonstrated experience and detailed knowledge of WCAG 2.0 AA standards and guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication, especially when discussing the nuances of accessibility to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to interpret and advise based on WCAG 2.0 AA standards
- Be a leader and team player – able to rally teams around your ideas and drive meaningful progress
- Proven ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced, constantly evolving work environment.
- Track record working in a team environment to define and align strategies, roadmaps and priorities
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00407089