Style Director, Global Brand ImagingApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.Description
- Ability to lead and inspire a team of other stylists, providing supervision as well as mentoring their growth over the long term.
- Proven, exceptional talent for understanding both performance and lifestyle sportswear, creating new style directions, and being able to making those ideas a reality on set.
- Ownership of all styling segments of the brand style guide. Leads the team responsible for authoring its standards, keeping them continually refreshed and on trend each season, and updating all content within the guide.
- Establishes the cadence for seasonal styling share-outs with all merchandise categories, translating category briefs into usable on-set directions for all studio teams.
- A superb eye for style, visual composition and attention to detail
- Deep and demonstrable experience with on-set standards, best practices, and demands
- Rigorous knowledge of both on- and off-figure apparel styling techniques across the industry and in various merchandise categories, with particular attention to fit and tailoring
- An instinctual devotion to trends and emerging brands, with an insider’s perspective on the apparel and footwear markets
- Seasoned familiarity with the intensity of a high-production studio, yet able to uphold the highest quality standards within that pressured environment
- Reports directly to Senior Creative Director Global Brand Imaging.
- 10-15+ years styling experience in commercial photography and film environments
- 3+ years leading teams of individual stylists, both fulltime and freelance
- Online portfolio that demonstrates expertise in applied styling techniques for both on-figure apparel photography and still-life (off-figure) product photography
- Experience with managing and developing people
- Established and demonstrable network within the fashion industry
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience across retail, editorial, and advertising sectors of apparel industry
- Commercial reel to supplement still photography portfolio
- Working relationships with agencies, designers, and individual stylists in New York, Los Angeles, and other major apparel industry centers
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00420813