Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Merchandising, Product Management & Merchandising, Merchandising & Product Management
Be a Product of Rad Society
We’ve got the goods. We just need the people who believe in the goods. That’s you. You see the product in the space. And you get how to make it leave the space. In someone’s bag, on someone’s feet. You’re a trendwatcher. A callmaker. Maybe even a visionary. You throw Product and Retail into a blender and make it come out as smooth delicious Success.Description
At Converse, we are consumer-obsessed, everything starts and ends with connecting our products to the needs of consumers. The Buying Team blends art with science to bring Converse’s category vision to life across the Converse retail store fleet. We have the ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next and deliver the right products, in the right places at the right time and price.
As an Assistant Buyer, APP/ACC, you’ll be responsible for assorting, driving and supporting seasonal strategies for Apparel categories that support total Business objectives, across all Converse Stores.
- Develop and support assortment strategies to drive profitable revenue and gross margin dollar growth, while managing productive inventory levels under the leadership of the Senior Buyer
- Develop and execute seasonal assortments, inclusive of promotional and merchandising strategies w/ cross functional partners and under the guidance of the Senior Buyer
- Build and invest in consumer-right assortments that support the store segmentation strategy and financial plans
- Partner with Merchandise Planners on Open-to-Buy, monthly forecasts of sales and inventory and product life-cycle management
- Partner with Merchandise Planners during seasonal investment planning
- Support the Sr. Buyer on cross functional efforts to communicate category and buying strategies and initiatives to business partners in planning, allocation, marketing, retail brand presentation and stores
- Recap product, category and store segment performance weekly, monthly and seasonally; propose and execute actions plans as business over or under performs
- Analyze and recap quarterly product / product-category performance, outlining key opportunities for future season
- Partner with Retail Brand Presentation on execution of seasonal strategies in-store; product line plan hand-offs and key investments
- Present and support at key milestone meetings, and weekly business review meetings
- Partner with buying team to ensure cross merchandising efforts and cohesive head to toe story-telling efforts are maximized.
- Support Sr. Buyer on an as-needed basis for projects, reporting and tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business, Inventory Management or a related field preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in Merchandising or Buying
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, strong business/ financial acumen
- Ability to think and act for results with a solutions-oriented mind-set
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Ability to communicate and conduct presentations to all levels in the organization, including senior management
- Must be able to effectively lead peers and be a strong collaborator
- Ability to follow through and meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Apparel or Factory/Outlet experience a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Job ID 00458359