Converse Senior Brand DirectorApply
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
If You Get People, You’re Our People
Sure, there’s a whole science behind marketing. But behind that is real people. With needs and wants and quirks and dreams. And we need someone who gets people, who knows how to find our people. The creators, thinkers, and rebels who find themselves at home putting on some Converse. You’re the one that shows them we’re the same. You’re the connector.Description
Converse is looking for a Global Senior Brand Director. In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and be responsible for providing brand management, strategic leadership, team collaboration, functional excellence and direction for the Converse brand team.
Based in the Converse headquarters in Boston, MA, you will be in charge of the long-term strategy and creation of seasonal marketing plans and the management of its execution across the globe to fuel consumer demand, drive brand strength and strengthen the connection with the Converse consumers. Impact of this leadership should drive significant bottom-line and market share results for the brand.
Leadership, Vision, and Strategic Planning
- Participate in the creation and the development of a long-term strategic vision for the Converse brand.
- Lead a brand offense focused on the consumer that will impact Converse business growth.
- Responsible for setting the seasonal direction for the Global Marketing functions & Regional Marketing teams for a cohesive execution of Converse product launches and seasonal initiatives.
- Ensure both consumer & product are at the forefront of all strategic planning and execution.
- Timely and effective delivery of seasonal Marketing Plan and follow-through on execution.
- Budget management.
- Integrate the territory consumer voice through regular input sessions on consumer insights and emerging trends with the regions & functional marketing teams.
Drive strategy and execution of Converse Brand plan
- Drive a 365 brand offense across our strategic pillars.
- Serve as a hub : ensure alignment, creativity and insight in all marketing disciplines and focus on cross functional and cross geo execution of the consumer journey.
People Management and Leadership
- Engage and inspire the Converse marketing team.
- Serve as a key member of the Converse brand leadership team.
- Build strong relationships with the respective global counterparts and regions.
- Provide clear communication across the entire organization.
- Act as an advocate for the consumer and the Converse brand.
- Provide leadership and coaching to all team members.
- Be transparent : communicate well and often with your close and extended teams.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in the area of Brand Marketing in a related industry (footwear, style, street culture)
- Strong understanding of the category consumers and ability to connect with them through a cultural lens
- Ability to interact, network, build credibility for both themselves and the brand
- Digital and community Marketing knowledge
- Communicate effectively inside and outside the organization
- Concrete experience managing complex projects and programs that have heavy dependencies requiring strong leadership to align multiple teams and stakeholders
- High attention to detail including proven ability to document requirements and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong team-orientation
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- A keen eye for design with creative passion.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is critical
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
- Proactive, solutions-oriented. Ready to jump in head first
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Job ID 00394668