Sr Designer, Digital Brand DesignApply
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
If You Get People, You’re Our People
Sure, there’s a whole science behind marketing. But behind that is real people. With needs and wants and quirks and dreams. And we need someone who gets people, who knows how to find our people. The creators, thinkers, and rebels who find themselves at home putting on some Converse. You’re the one that shows them we’re the same. You’re the connector.Description
As a Senior Designer for Global Brand Design, Digital at Converse, (based at Converse WHQ in Boston) your role on the team will include making sure that the Converse brand and storytelling comes to life in a compelling and unique way, to our consumer, across our digital ecosystem. This role has a focus on converse.com and also includes, but is not limited to, performance marketing, social media, and wholesale retail.
The Senior Designer for Global Brand Design, Digital reports to the Design Director for Global Brand Design, Digital.
What we’re looking for:
- Passion for the Converse Brand and passion for creating high-quality work
- Creative visual skill set able to translate complex technical and business concepts into easy-to-understand communication pieces
- Someone who is resourceful, a self-starter and takes initiative
- Extensive experience in digital design
- Ability to concept and art direct photo shoots at the highest level
- Manage and direct multiple agency relationships, and/or direct reports, across multiple projects with a clear design voice and an unbending creative rigor
- Ability to socialize and present creative work to cross-functional partners and senior leadership teams
- Craft and develop digital content and storytelling with our Gen-Z consumer in mind
- A team player with a positive, hard-working attitude, able to inspire and challenge other team members
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with a Design Director, develops and drives innovative solutions for digital storytelling across converse.com and all digital touchpoints
- Works closely and cross-functionally with Site Experience, Brand Creative, Brand Communications & Media, and Geography teams to concept and execute seasonal global marketing campaigns for Converse.com
- Manages and mentors direct reports; works collaboratively with Project Mangers, Producers and Copywriters
- Utilizes exceptional design skills and demonstrates innovation in creating original solutions
- Communicates and presents design concepts; creates presentation materials that effectively communicate design concepts
- Be able to brief and collaborate with outside partners to execute campaigns and deliver assets
- Demonstrates expert-level knowledge of current trends, color, technology and other design influencers
- Shares knowledge, experience and skill with other design staff; works with design counterparts to ensure continuity across digital touchpoints
- May lead projects, establish direction and manage designers on a per project basis
- You will be responsible for ensuring alignment from a converse.com perspective across North America and Western Europe Geographies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or design-related equivalent
- 6+ years’ experience in digital design for large retail e-commerce or key digital agency experience specific to the streetwear footwear/apparel industry.
- Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Strong knowledge of digital commerce, user-experience, and social media platforms
- Deep connection to streetwear culture and trend
- Excellent writing and communications experience preferred
- Management experience
- Animation, video editing, photo retouching
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Job ID 00415379