Director Chemical EngineeringApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.Description
You will implement defined functional standard protocol and lead chemical engineering work in product creation that will help to elevate product through the use of new chemical technologies and processes. You will oversee assigned chemical engineering related project work to completion, keeping a high level of focus on work which will be applicable and impactful to future commercialization efforts. In collaboration with category development teams, product creation centers, functional technical divisions, and offshore manufacture teams, you will ensure that new product introductions meet schedule with no chemical related issues. You will be an active member of the functional management team working closely with the Partner Manufacturing Engineering Director and the Global Chemical Engineering Director to develop a short and long term agenda for the chemical engineering function in Korea. You will champion new chemical engineering technologies both internally and externally.
In addition, you will work with Korea development team, regional product team, Nike innovation, and Nike modernization in the development of best practices and implementation of new technologies. You will also lead many chemical initiatives in our effort to modernize factories and make our production more efficient. Nike being a matrix organization, you will collaborate with multiple groups to help execute your objectives.
- Bachelors or Masters in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Polymers, or other related sub-specialty field and minimum of 8-10 years directly relevant work experience
- Proven experience in strategic planning and application of business initiatives in a technical environment
- Footwear experience preferred. Experience in other related industries such as tires, polyurethane, plastics manufacturing, etc. may also be considered.
- Strong motivational leadership and team building qualities, preferably in product creation/development and manufacturing environment
- Possess strong understanding in all facets of product creation to include innovation, design, development, research, engineering, materials, and manufacturing
- Proficient problem solver with an innate ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to lead multiple complex projects and prioritize work according to potential impact
- Demonstrated skills at leading global teams of highly qualified and specialized individuals with a diverse expertise
- Must have strong customer focused, collaborative approach to work and give clear direction to team members and factory partners
- Effective project and resource management experience with a proactive approach to team specific issues
- Fast learner and possess a strong work ethic
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 10779