Lead Chemical EngineerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.Description
- Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units; develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
- Leads and facilitate the review and establishment of technical information with coaching and mentoring of WHQ & PCC in support of CE’s, product creation, manufacturing, innovation, modernization, and other assorted disciplines
- Serves as a consultant or technical resource to Category teams and other disciplines to make early recommendations on chemical processes and chemical decisions; such as vendor approval, MCS setup, advanced process control, chemical substitutions, shortages, etc. Also facilitates, expedites and enables chemical and process approval via the newest chemical approval process and the triple double strategy.
- Acts as expert resource within the manufacturing locations during the development, commercialization, and manufacturing phase to identify and resolve issues in manufacturing, process, chemical, costing, and sustainability. Be able to point out and objectively discuss and present the ‘best way’ to move forward despite dissenting opinions and politics.
- Works on most complex engineering challenges and initiatives turning concepts into reality by working in, or with, multi-disciplinary teams to include product creation, manufacturing, and 3rd party providers. Develops state of the art engineering processes and solutions.
- Collaborates/Networks and synergizes with the PMO Leadership and other tech experts on a regular basis to develop and lead the establishment of supporting technical process documentation such as best practices, functional standards, process template, formulations.
- Conducts regular walk throughs of the PCC’s and factories/vendors to ensure the implementation of the different initiatives on process efficiencies, quality, and performance. Participates and leads in the regular formal/informal monitoring or audit of the manufacturing processes.
- Communicates/collaborates with other PMO and Global Engineering leadership to obtain consistency in technical, development, and production areas across respective categories. Works with Global and PMO for effective management of cross category projects, local and engineering initiatives, and strategic projects.
- Leads, executes, and manages new process introduction, trials, and validation to support local and global project goals and timelines. Collects, monitors, and analyzes data on project performance measures and provide feedback, reports, and forecasts to stakeholders for use in supporting value based decisions.
- Provides functional engineering excellence and acts as a mentor for engineers to better prepare them for future growth and challenges. Is a living example of “the best of the best” Chemical Engineering resources on the planet.
- Communicates directly with Engineering peers and other NIKE/Factory engineering resources to support and lead functional collaboration on category initiatives and specific project issues.
- Facilitates open communication with other teams, constantly communicating in terms of status and recommendations to make sure projects are proceeding as planned. Is able and willing to stand up, defend, argue and champion technical engineering functions and strategies when necessary.
- Documents and communicates on cross-categorical initiatives, best practices, and standards to the functional Engineering leadership teams on a regular basis. Reviews and summarizes reports, data, and findings of individual and group level work and prepares larger/more complex briefs of assigned work and projects. Presents concepts and solutions at the functional level and cross functional level. Clearly and concisely communicates the knowledge required to transition work into concrete process or product improvements.
- Liaises with the innovation team for the successful in-line implementation of new technologies; ensure proven and tested readiness prior to production; facilitating, bridging and leading new inventions/chemistries as early as possible.
- Engages in the periodic review of innovation product for quality, craftsmanship, and performance based on category best practices and functional standards.
- The Lead CE has lateral relationships with all other Lead CE or above level engineers, both in country and out.
- Within the PMO, the Lead CE will interact with Category Managers/Developers, other functional teams, as well as all Engineers within that country.
- Typically requires a Bachelors Degree and minimum of 6 years directly relevant work experience
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 11395