North America, Jordan Brand ManagerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Soul, performance and style take flight at Jordan Brand. With its deep roots in basketball, the Jordan Brand began as an homage to one player: Michael Jordan. Since then, Jordan has become synonymous with peak performance and an endless pursuit of greatness. Employees in merchandising, product branding, sports marketing and sales bring creativity, innovation and audacious design to footwear and apparel, all with one mission in mind: help athletes fly on and off the court.Description
As the North Central Brand Marketing Manager for Jordan, you will lead the conversations and develop the relationships on the ground to become the expert and voice of the consumer. You will glean deep and meaningful insights that will be the catalyst for creative and disruptive brand plans, and you will work across integrated marketing functions, categories and external agencies to provide strategic leadership and direction to bring these plans to life in the territory. As a master of project management, you will be the lead informer and communicator on all details, decision-making, and progress on key assigned initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or related discipline.
- 5+ years experience in consumer marketing or related experiences in marketing strategy, marketing planning, marketing implementation, Retail merchandising, consumer servicing, and event execution.
- 2 years of additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated experience with project management, idea creation, creativity, and cross-functional team excellence.
- Strong knowledge of the athletic industry and cultural trends in the marketplace.
- Understanding of the North America market, including consumer and Retail trends.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including the ability to motivate others within a work group.
- Experience tracking budgetary expenditures and providing budgetary controls.
- Ability to establish an independent view, effectively collaborate in decision-making and work in a team environment.
- Ability to balance creativity with organizational and procedural excellence in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain fair and honest relationships at all levels, both internally and externally. Ability to prioritize effectively to spend time on the issues that will make the most difference to the brand and the business.
- Ability to develop an understanding of the competitive market, customers and trends.
- Ability to understand business issues, find creative ways to solve problems and make sound decisions that benefit Nike.
- Nike retail, marketing or events experience.
- Strong passion/expertise for Basketball category.
- Marketing experience targeted to a variety of different consumers with a strong understanding of the sport and cultural trends.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00413654