Brand Internship, WestApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.Description
As the Nike Brand Intern in LA, you will:
- Be the voice of the Los Angeles Nike consumer and protector of the brand.
- Assist in the gathering of information and the progression of categorial and seasonal event initiatives, ensuring excellence with functional partners.
- Support the development of strategic marketing plans and briefs, as well as manage the field-work/research needed for the plans.
- Contribute to the West team’s development of strategy, implementation and evaluation of plans for the category, seasonal marketing initiatives and to the definition of Nike Brand marketing strategies that support the broader brand plan.
- Maintain close relationships with key consumer groups and work closely with Sports Marketing, Influencer Marketing, Event Marketing, North America / Global Marketing teams to identify influencers and stay current on market trends.
- Support the integrated marketing process and assist in overseeing processes that enable timely and effective implementation by cross-functional team.
- Support the development of seeding journeys, briefs and strategic marketing plans.
- Assist in initiative and seasonal reporting, internal recaps, QBR, etc.
- Stay current on sport performance, streetwear, and sneaker culture trends
- Assist in the process of managing agency, functional and cross category relationships.
- Be a proactive thought leader across Nike Brand, West and all partners.
- Expand the brand's understanding of the consumer, including aspirations, behaviors, interests, functional needs and values. This will include conducting formal and informal research, evaluating and distilling the findings.
- Maintain a collaborative, highly creative and progressive work-style.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, Communications or a closely related field.
- Previous experience in consumer marketing or related experience in marketing strategy, marketing planning, marketing implementation, retail merchandising, display and events
- Connection to sport and passion for sport performance
- Genuine passion and knowledge of sneaker/streetwear culture, the Los Angeles consumer and the Nike brand.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to balance creativity with organizational and procedural excellence in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment.
- Readiness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win.
- Pro-active information-seeking and strong organizational skills.
- Familiarity and working experience within Los Angeles is highly preferred.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Thrives within a team environment.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID URSRCBRDUI19