Converse Factory Store - Store Manager - Denver, ColoradoApply
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.Description
As our Store Manager, you'll lead and manage all in-store activities to achieve sales and profitability goals, as well as ensure long-term business growth in accordance with Converse's brand philosophies, policies and procedures. You'll maintain the operating budget through revenue generation and managing controllables in order to deliver a positive financial performance. You'll also ensure consistent implementation of operating standards, including product flow planning and completion, execution of markdowns, seasonal promotions and initiatives and merchandise presentation. This opportunity also involves providing relevant market information to our District Manager and consistent leadership to your staff. In addition, you'll recruit and hire top talent, provide ongoing coaching and counseling, implement development strategies, create succession plans, and effectively manage performance and corrective action processes in order to drive Organizational Talent Planning.
- At least a 2 year college degree or 2 years' additional related experience in lieu of a degree
- 3-5 years' retail experience at the management level
- Proven success in coaching, counseling and developing people
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook experience
- Strong selling techniques and experience delivering high-level customer service
- Able to perform all store manager functions, including standing for extended periods, speaking clearly with employees and customers, climbing ladders to change displays, stocking and retrieving merchandise, unloading shipments and performing sale setups
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Job ID 00426863