Accounting Manager GermanyApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Finance, Corporate Services
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.Description
Nike is looking fora GERMANY ACCOUNTING MANAGER responsible to provide leadership and policy knowledge as a member of the Nike European Controlling team at a manager level. Your work is focused on short and long-term planning, operational effectiveness and results. In this role you will report to the Western Europe Accounting Director based at the European headquarters in the Netherlands.
Based in Berlin, you will be responsible for applying advanced concepts, theories, principles and best practices for Nike Germany, focusing on standardization and optimization. You will be a part of the world’s leading sports brand and have an exciting career within the company.
- Manages and monitors the complete accounting close in country from journal entry through preparation of account analysis and financial statements in a timely and accurate manner with no significant post close corrections, ensuring proper financial controls, methods and efficiencies are in place.
- Monitors reconciliations and ensures compliance with the reconciliation policy for the countries, NEON and NRBV.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures reporting and systems to ensure company policies are implemented, transactions are properly accounted for, and reports are prepared and analyzed on a timely basis.
- Analyses financial records and reports ensuring they are in accordance with corporate policies, local and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Manage audits with internal audit, public accounting, and state auditors e.g. income tax, VAT, payroll tax.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed, including in support of management decision making.
- Manage the remote external business partner and 3 professional employees in Germany and be accountable for the performance and results of the team.
- Develops action plans and processes, in coordination with management team, for integrating activities and optimizing department resources.
- Bachelor/ Master Degree in Finance and Accounting or likewise, professional qualification (eg CPA, CIA, ACCA) is a plus or qualification in progress.
- Minimum of 6 years extensive experience in accounting, as well as a minimum of 3 years of proven people management experience.
- Good SAP and MS Office knowledge
- Genuine interest in sports and needs to be passionate about the brand
- Strong intellect, results-oriented with a personal impact and a sense of urgency.
- High integrity, transparency, authority, confidence.
- Excellent English language skills, at least basic knowledge of German
- Mobile to move to other parts of the country or internationally for future career opportunities at Nike
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00423768