Poland Technology Capability Center Site DirectorApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.Description
As a Technology Capability Center Site Director, you will be accountable for creating and operating a new Global Technology Center that will be responsible for developing and delivering Enterprise Platforms for Nike, Inc. You will be part of a highly visible, strategic team focused on aligning strategic objectives with tactical demands. The successful candidate will:
- Lead delivery of Enterprise Platforms development and sustainment on location.
- Works closely with Enterprise Architecture & Platforms leadership to develop locational platform strategy and execution plans that align with key business outcomes
- Responsible for financial management of site location.
- Ensures team is leveraging Nike’s Technology delivery methodology to develop platform products
- Stays current with industry trends and leads development of locational talent and technology
- Develops and manages team metrics
- Accountable for growing & developing Next Gen Platform technology by attracting top industry talent
- Contributes to Enterprise Platforms annual operating plans
- Owning all aspects of recruiting, hiring and managing the team, including planning training, establishing schedules, collaborating on career paths, ensuring performance and adherence to corporate policies/training. Ensuring all billable and non-billable team member’s utilization remains within acceptable ranges and the work they are performing is completed on-time and within budgeted hours.
- Have strong team and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain calm during stressful situations.
- Excellent communications skills both verbally and written, must be able to articulate business impacts and technical impacts at a senior level
- Ability to drive (command & control) technical teams and vendors
- Able to communicate and translate business impacts, status, action plans, timelines etc. at a technical and business level to leadership / stakeholders.
- Can form a holistic view of the Nike Technology landscape, understanding the full impact of any major changes.
- Working knowledge of IT service management (Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge Management)
- Prior experience with agile methodologies, performance engineering and automation tools
- Minimum ITIL foundation with either a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or a related field / equivariant work experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years experience leading and managing engineering teams of 30+.
- 7+ years experience with operating systems, software development, cloud, and automation.
- Proven track record in managing product, feature, and support teams as part of a globally distributed technology organisation.
- Extensive background in working with business partners or technology consumers.
- Proven track record of being results orientated with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills, demonstrating solid influencing skills
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others.
- Experience working with internationally-based senior stakeholders and teams is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English/Polish
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organisation
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00452432