Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.Description
As the Mexico Controller, you’ll be part of a dynamic team that is leading and driving Nike’s business growth in Mexico. Additionally, you’ll be part of the Asia Pacific, Latin America (APLA) Geography and Global Controlling teams that drive functional excellence.
The Mexico Controller will be a key partner for the Mexico General Manager, CFO, APLA Controller and their teams in developing and executing APLA Geography and Functional Controlling Strategic Plans & Priority Initiatives. The position will be responsible for leading the Mexico Controlling team, ensuring high quality execution of accounting processes to ensure accurate and timely delivery of financial statements and reports.
Account & Record / Reporting and Business Performance
- Accountable to the integrity of financial statements and disclosures in accordance with US GAAP, SEC regulations, local statutory requirements, and Nike Accounting policies; ensuring effective procedures and controls surrounding the timely closing and review of financial records.
- Providing timely and accurate internal reporting and ensuring the completion of relevant reporting packages in support of timely and accurate external reporting (SEC and Local Statutory).
- Partners closely with FP&A and other members of the leadership team to drive informed business decisions and ensure forecast accuracy.
- Oversee controlling operations and associated processes with lens of efficiency and risk.
- Delivers ownership and accountability of the end-to-end financial process and systems governance, controls & compliance across the Mexico business.
Collaborates cross functionally on the design and implementation of new accounting policies, processes, systems, and controls across the territory and in coordination with APLA Geography Controlling.
Advise Territory GM, CFO, Sales and Operations leaders on controlling standards & practices.
Optimize control environment including implementation of anti-bribery and anti-corruption control framework in concert with APLA Geography, Legal and Financial Governance & Compliance.
Business Strategy Enablement
- Advocates for the controlling function, delivering value and insights that enable effective decision making, risk mitigation, and informed trade-off decisions.
- Captures and delivers measurable value through opportunity identification, catalyzing action within the geography plan through implementation of new business models.
- Acts as a trusted business partner to the territory CFO.
- Provides key link to influence and operationalize geo operating plans and provides key territory insights that inform and influence change.
- Build and inspire a team culture focused on long-term growth and development.
- Maintains and builds on a high energy vision for the future of the territory controlling organization, attracting, building, and retaining a diverse team.
- Take part of APLA Geography Controlling Leadership team as a key contributor into shaping functional strategic plans.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 10 years of experience in accounting/finance in a global consumer products / multinational company, including 4+ years proven people management experience and 3-5 years of experience with an international public accounting firm preferred, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent is strongly preferred.
Strong understanding of accounting, US GAAP, Mexico statutory and tax requirements, and internal controls over financial reporting.
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and competing priorities and requests including project tracking - manage and oversee multiple projects and deliverables.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including ability to effectively communicate financial stories, complex issues, risks, and opportunities with senior leadership teams and diverse audiences.
Fluent in Spanish and English.
Strong ability to develop high-profile, influential, and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and layers—inclusive of proven ability to navigate a large multinational corporation.
Strong ability to partner with senior-level external stakeholders (local government, vendors) to drive long-term and strategically important relationships for the business within the territory.
Proven understanding and application of team/managerial concepts and techniques in areas such as innovation, inspiration, employee development, coaching and engagement.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 11150