Advanced Analytics DirectorApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.Description
Nike is looking for a seasoned Advanced Analytics leader who can lead and grow teams of machine learning engineers, data scientists, and software architects to deliver scalable machine learning and advanced analytics solutions to customers across our business.
What you will do
- Define, manage and guide a working model and relationships with functional analytics teams.
- Lead a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers
- Develop software architecture and platform strategy for advanced analytics, machine learning, and deep learning.
- Recruit, hire, and mentor exceptional data scientists and machine learning engineers.
- Work with product management, development/engineering, platform development, architecture, operations, and other internal stakeholders to define requirements, guide product and architectural vision, and prioritize efforts. Help translate customer requirements into stories to support agile development and accurate roadmaps.
- Support investigation of new software packages/vendors, APIs, and algorithms to deliver quality analytics and machine learning at scale.
- Ensure rigorous engineering processes.
- Collaborate with a cross functional agile team of software engineers, data engineers, ML experts, and others to build new product features. Roll up your sleeves to apply machine learning, collaborative filtering, NLP, and deep learning methods to massive data sets.
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data quality
- Iterate quickly on product quality through continuous A/B testing
- Thought leader.
- Strong at communicating complex problems and building relationships with other teams.
- Problem solver who can focus on delivering business value with a cross functional team
- Engineering leader who can aggressively recruit top talent and build teams that deliver results.
- Rock solid engineer and data scientist with demonstrated experience in in Machine Learning, AI or distributed systems development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field masters or Ph.D. preferred.
- Strong background in Machine Learning or a related field. Significant expertise in machine learning algorithms, time series, forecasting, understanding natural language or unstructured data. Deep learning experience is a plus.
- You have experience implementing machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python or similar (not just R, Octave, or Matlab).
- You have a strong mathematical background in statistics and machine learning.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You preferably have experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop or S3, Snowflake, Spark, Flink, Cassandra or Dynamo, Kafka, etc.
- You'll have experience with at least one these ML frameworks, Tensorflow, Caffe, PyTorch.
- You preferably have machine learning publications, project code, or work on open source to share with us.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00432091