Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For Nike, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.Description
- Display a seamless mindset in everything you do while you contribute to deliver the best expression of your respective category in the extended holistic marketplace.
- Take ownership of the buy for a specified section of your category.
- Help develop the category buying strategy and vision for Nike retail; execute seasonal category product and promotional strategies in order to achieve ideal product assortment and create premium quality consumer-centric offerings.
- Develop monthly forecasts of sales and inventory for all styles and develop strategies to meet category financial goals; make necessary forecasts for open to buy process.
- Proactively communicate category buying strategies, vision and business results to cross functional and category business partners.
- Communicate regularly with Planning and Allocation to share business updates and partner on integration of planning, allocation and buying processes.
- Analyze performance and results of past buying strategies and make tactical adjustments to leverage opportunities for increased profitability and provide insights and feedback to the Buyer to help influence the development of product and the build process;
- Mentor entry level Buying Coordinators to help them develop the competencies necessary to develop and execute buying strategies.
- Perform all merchandise related data entry such as price changes, markdowns, order entry, product set-up, etc.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years' directly relevant work experience in a Monobrand or Multibrand Retail GMM Environment
- Strong MS Excel and analytical skills
- Strong proficiency in SAP and Island Pacific is a big advantage
- Ability to work under extremely tight timelines with data entry accuracy
- Strong communication skills and ability to clarify or resolve discrepancies
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00408235