Data & Analytics Architect EMEAApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.Description
- Participate in design and engineering of analytics solutions that have significant strategic impact and achieve long term competitive advantage for Nike
- Partner with business leaders to provide expert technical advice and influence strategic decision making
- Partner with business leaders to capture requirements, map to implementation and select the right technology
- Guide and mentor engineering teams to raise collective technical expertise and coach throughout the implementation
- Evangelize break through analytics solutions through adoption of big data, cloud native technologies, Machine learning and Data Science
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to establish an architectural plan across multiple solution areas, in consideration of the product roadmaps
- Embrace and influence domain driven design and architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability
- Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks
- Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Information Management or higher
- 2+ years in designing and implementing Data & Analytics products
- 2+ years in coaching & mentoring technical, business & cross-functional teams
- A solid understanding of (platform, software and/or data) engineering, preferable hands-on
- Strong communicator that is able to change the communication style based upon the audience
- Strong understanding of data and analytics solution architecture, including experience with Big Data, Relational databases, streaming and batch data processing,
- Experience with leading enterprise cloud/virtual architectures like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open Stack, JIE, etc.
- A solid understanding and experience of the principles and operations of high volume, variety and velocity business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms with a proven background and record in architecture and implementation of applications, integrating with OLTP and 3rd party systems
- Demonstrated track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influence management skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all stakeholders (management, business users, and technology resources)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00434754