Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Retail Corporate is the backbone to stores around the world. A global network of teams — Finance, Human Resources, Talent Development, Marketing, Merchandising, Real Estate and Strategic Planning — direct the daily operations of Nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores. Retail Corporate teams share the same passion and energy for the brand as their in-store teammates, and it shows: Retail continues to be one of Nike’s top areas of growth.Description
To do that, a new kind of leader is needed. A leader who is on top of the newest technologies and knows how to manage complex datasets. Who can create insights from huge amounts of data using advanced analytical techniques. A leader who can define growth opportunities and has a vision on Data Analytics. A leader who builds relationships and combines these skills to create impact at scale.
We arm decision-makers with useful metrics, insights, predictions and analytics products. We research and develop new algorithms and machine learning applications to improve our understanding of the consumer demand signal, improve our planning & drive our effectiveness in the consumer marketplace. We also embrace casual learning, we design and analyze controlled analytics experiments, as we drive change in the business.
What is the position of a Data Scientist?
- As a Data Scientist you will contribute to challenging projects from the start. You will answer complex business questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on available data or designing and running experiments to gather data.
- Develop novel applications of classification, advanced forecasting, simulation, optimization, and summarization techniques.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to encourage best practices for experimental design and data analysis.
- Create compelling interactive visualizations and presentations to enhance decision making capabilities throughout the company.
- Your work is very diverse, on a strategic, analytical and technical level. From data preparation in SQL and conducting analyses in R or Python, to building presentations and convincing your stakeholders with your advice.
We are constantly looking for young analytical talent who recognize themselves in the following profile:
- Advanced quantitative degree (Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Computer Science or related field)
- Demonstrated technical, analytical skill set to work with analytics toolkit (R, Python, SQL, Hadoop, Amazon Web Services (AWS), SAS, Tableau, scheduling tools) on large data sets
- Experience building and maintaining production analytics systems and models at enterprise scale
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypothesis and make recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of experiment design & analysis
- Strong understanding of database structure, design, query languages, fundamental of mathematics, large data sets distributed systems and stats concepts
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms such as decision trees, probability networks, clustering, regression and neural networks
- Analytical, curious, and ambitious. Result-driven, pragmatic and persuasive.
- A passion for solving complex business challenges using advanced analytics on large amounts of data.
- The drive to contribute to innovative data analytics projects in a company where Data Analytics is a board priority.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and deliver presentation
- Familiarity with agile development methodology
- Utilizes appropriate quality checks to ensure the results are sound
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00431303