Financial Governance & Controls ManagerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.Description
- Deliver SOX internal control and risk management expertise to business process and control owners
- Facilitate risk assessments, walkthroughs, and process/control enhancements
- Lead assessments of audit findings
- Lead and monitor internal control deficiency remediation plan development and implementation
- Maintain internal control databases, reports, and metrics
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and assist with audit requests and status reporting
- Lead activities may include assistance with internal controls (journal entries, user access reviews, supporting analysis).
- Ability to gain business knowledge and develop necessary skills to grow up to a management position.
- Maintain and develop relationships with the geography and corporate controlling and finance community (Accounting, Treasury, Tax and Legal).
- Master Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting, preferred
- Qualified in accounting or auditing (i.e. RA/CPA/ACA/ACCA/CISA), preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in audit and/or accounting roles. Relevant experience in a Big 4 or multi-national company is a must. Experience consulting in a financial or accounting function a plus, , but having a mix of experience in managing or advising on business process and IT system risks is a bigger plus.
- Solid accounting knowledge with respect to US GAAP and PCAOB requirements is highly desired, but knowledge of other accounting standards with experience will also be considered
- SAP experience is preferred
- Experience working with virtual or geographically separated teams
- Ability to travel
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00416474