Senior Payroll Specialist (German Speaking)Apply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Human Resources, Corporate Services
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
Nike, Inc.’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.Description
Some support associated with benefits (e.g., medical plans, life insurance and disability plans) will also be required as part of this role.
This role handles a large volume of data and therefore the Payroll Specialist should be highly organized with a flexible and adaptable ‘can do’ attitude. Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are essential in this busy and varied role.
Key Payroll Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support across the payrolls, as directed by the Payroll Manager. Duties include:
- Input and processing of various EMEA payrolls
- Completion of post payroll administration, including preparation and reconciliation of reports & controls
- Responding to employee and third party queries
- To provide general payroll or benefits support, as required
- Post payroll reports
- Run various reports in SAP to support payroll processing
- Payroll administration of Loans, Garnishments etc
- Checking of other payroll matters
- Payroll administration of the benefit scheme
- Responding to payroll related administrative requests
- To ensure that all enquiries are handled in a courteous and timely manner as required
- Preparation of any ad hoc reports, as required
- The ability to prioritise work assignments to accommodate urgent requests as needed
- To ensure that all data handled meets with stringent audit/SOX requirements
- Maintain a flexible attitude.
- Demonstrate a professional and courteous attitude to colleagues at all times
- Ability to work on own and with team members to develop creative solutions to workflow issues
- Minimum 6 years of experience working in Payroll
- Good understanding of German payroll & related legislation
- Relevant experience of working in a payroll environment and handling German payrolls is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; IPPM qualified (full or part) would be beneficial
- Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel skills with the ability to learn additional programs as needed
- Experience with HR and Payroll specific systems such as SAP HCM, ADP Globalview / ADP Perman is essential
English and German
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00450047