UX Researcher & DesignerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.Description
The Experience Designer will work directly with the EMEA Innovation team based in Nike Technology. You will be in the lead to provide key experience design for our internal business and enterprise solutions. Whilst also driving early digital solutions part of a fast-paced, dynamic team to ideate, research and test early concepts and prototypes across the Nike organization. The Experience Designer will play two key roles, both driving the user experience research to drive a clear understanding of users and consumers, whilst also creating strong visual user interface designs. For this role, we seek an innovative problem solver, a collaborative team player, and a skilled designer who can handle multiple projects of differing size and scope. You are driven by curiosity and passionate about user-centered experience design and able to handle both high-level vision and detail-focused execution.
As an Experience Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of Nike’s products.
You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work and make strategy come to life.
You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible instincts, you make validated and data-driven decisions through research of designing A/B Tests.
What you’ll do:
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing
- when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Identify user needs, sketch solutions with prototypes, test ideas with our user research team, and refine designs with data and user feedback.
- Take an active role in Nike’s Design Sprints to help crack highly complex business problems fast
- Ignite early designs of concepts across multiple areas of the Nike business.
- You will set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our. teams focus on listening to users and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with
- engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Design, prototype, and develop elegant solutions for web and mobile apps.
- Evangelize best UI practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers.
- Produce high quality user experience design through hybrid wireframe and visual designs, flow diagrams, and prototypes.
- Collaborate with the product team on user experience decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops.
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00432419