Manager, Manufacturing Engineering(Apparel)Apply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Manufacturing & Engineering
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.Description
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors
- Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from Manager
- Provides technical guidance to factory partners
- Expertise in apparel manufacturing process engineering, stitches-seams-&- construction methods, manufacturing process flow charts, patterns and marker utilizations, method studies (GSD etc)
- Wide exposure to different types of apparel products manufacturing in both knits and woven, light and heavy fabrics
- Hands-on experience of garment construction, operator and supervisor training, factory production systems and their optimization
- Clear understanding of garment manufacturing machinery, ancillary equipment and devices that can improve and enhance manufacturing capability of factories.
- Applies management expertise to set direction and resolves problems in own discipline
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems
- Support and guide manufacturing partners in capability enhancement through design of manufacturing systems, training programmes, process flow chart validation, equipment validation, implementation of standardized construction methods, developing control systems for efficient manufacturing
- Collaborate with Product Creation, Technical Development, Sourcing, Planning and others to prioritize and focus on assessment and enhancement of manufacturing capability of identified suppliers
- Is accountable for the performance and results of one or more teams within own discipline or department
- Makes decisions guided by policies and business plan that impact the level of service and the department’s ability to meet performance objectives
- Performs work in support of brand plans; demonstrates link between daily work and company mission; participates in initiatives, programs or products with moderate visibility
- Ensures actions protect company image and limits risks
- Decisions and actions impacting company image require management oversight and are constrained by policies
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address local business, service and operational challenges
- Forecasts resource needs; manages allocated budget
- 50 %
- 8+ years relevant work experience or 5+ years relevant work experience in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Plastic, or other related field
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 11818