MARKETPLACE MGMT DIRECTOR - HK & TWApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.Description
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop strategies necessary for the development and implementation of retail best practices, operational standards, business processes, and policies and procedures.
- Establish key benchmarks and performance measures to assess operational effectiveness. Establish processes to analyze results and develop plans for improving business practices to maximize profitability.
- Partner with retail field leadership to integrate implementation and delivery of operational improvements and related communications and training with overall retail business plan.
- Provide expertise on store development projects to ensure efficient use of capital and company assets
- Develop overall communication and training strategy to ensure that stores have necessary information and education resources to consistently execute operational standards.
- Select, lead, evaluate, coach, train, and develop a team of Retail Operations professionals and Managers. Manages team and sets team and individual goals that align with department and function goals.
- Coaches staff, creates opportunities for staff development, makes hiring decisions, drives performance management, recognition and rewards. Develops team structure that facilitates and maximizes individual and team performance.
- Proactively conduct consumer research and have a clear understanding of consumer, market and product research and management of innovative range development and change including marketing, purchasing and development to achieve budget.
- Maximize the retail contribution at lowest operational cost, maintaining optimum product availability through effective forecasting without unnecessarily increasing stock holding value.
- Be responsible for and manage all Retail master data.
- To ensure that the team has industry standards processes, templates and tools in order to manage client retail programs effective and for maximum commercial delivery.
- Participate in new business evaluations and understand ongoing tenders, closely work with the team on ongoing client initiatives, performance delivery to contractual terms and subject matter expert for retail matters.
- Bachelor’s degree holder with minimum 8 years of relevant working experience in retail industries and minimum 3 years of management experience
- With a proven track record in retail management gained from large retail business; multi-store retail operations experience is required
- Strong analytical skills and details-oriented; strategic thinker who is proactive and results-oriented
- Ability to analyze and interpret a high amount of data and identify the implications and required actions
- Retail and product expertise in Hong Kong and Taiwan with apparel / fashion trend experience
Strong problem-solving, organization and planning skills; with a good sense of urgency and is able to handle ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills in Cantonese, English and Mandarin
- Travel: 20-30%
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 11374