Data & Analytics Architect EMEAApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.Description
This role, along with engineering leaders within Data & Analytics will lead and contribute to the definition of an overarching data strategy and architecture that will align investments with the highest impact areas, while producing a suite of complementary models, tools, and technologies
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for all things data and analytics and a unique ability to provide strategic advantage for Nike through innovative solutions.
- Build and implement the architecture strategy for enterprise information and data management
- Manage end-to-end data and integration design for all key business domains
- Partner with Data Management, Data and Analytics Engineering leadership to establish an information architectural plan across multiple solution areas
- Architect and design solutions for data quality, reliability and data governance
- Own conceptual data models and align and review logical data models, API definitions and analytical data products for consistency and completeness.
- Embrace and influence domain driven design and architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability
- Partner with business and enterprise data leaders to provide technical advice on data governance, data quality and stewardship
- Guide and mentor engineering teams to raise collective technical expertise
- Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks
- Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring
- 2/3 years providing design leadership to technical, business & cross-functional teams
- 5 years in hands-on application, data, integration or analytics engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Information Management
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all stakeholders (management, business users, and technology resources)
- A solid understanding and experience with data integration, data APIs and data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms with a proven background in architecture and implementation of applications, integrating with OLTP and 3rd party systems
- Strong understanding of data and information architecture, including experience with Big Data, Relational databases, streaming and batch data processing,
- Strong experience building end-to-end solutions with focus on data and integration
- Experience implementing data management solutions for non-technical data stewards and business owners
- Familiarity with leading enterprise cloud/virtual architectures like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open Stack, JIE, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influence management skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00417325