Outbound Logistics DirectorApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.Description
- Lead a team of talented and committed individuals to manage all transportation activities and create a logistics network fit for the future across your accountable markets.
- Ensure the continuous flow of product to all markets across EMEA in a sustainable, compliant, and efficient way.
- Stay informed and aligned with Market Place Operations (MPO) on the latest customer expectations.
- Build effective relationships with stakeholders across the business.
- Establish processes that improve reliability and operational effectiveness.
- Work with the Transportation Leadership team on evolving culture and strategy.
- Align and integrate with other functions to understand business direction and future expectations.
- Manage talent planning within the Transportation team in a way that people can grow through empowerment.
- Make sure that people can work in an environment that sets them up for success.
- Continuously feed and strengthen the Nike Culture in Operations. Inspire others to do so.
- Be an ambassador of our key strategic priority to design, build and continuously grow our processes to be best-in-class.
- Master degree in Logistics, Applied Economics… (preferably) or Engineer, or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least 8 – 10 years relevant logistics experience.
- Strategic system thinker as an enabler to efficiently achieve the logistics results with involved x-functional teams.
- Good understanding of supply chain management.
- Excellent people skills and experience in leading a team is a must
- Flexible, positive, open and solution-oriented approach.
- Team player who creates an environment where people can grow.
- Strong communicator, fluent in English.GO!Next steps:
- Screening CV and skills by HR
- Testing PC-skills
- Panel interview(s) with hiring manager(s)
- Decision and communication
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 04062019CC