SOURCING MANAGER TRANSPORTATION & 3PL, EMEAApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.Description
The world of supply chain is exciting, dynamic and full of fun challenges. Nike is driving a Reliable, Efficient, Fast and Flexible Supply Chain across the Globe. We work together with our logistic service providers in an EMEA and Global network where we aim to optimize the service to our consumers in EMEA.
We are currently looking for a Sourcing Manager for Transportation and 3rd Party Logistics to strengthen our team. As Sourcing Manager, you take charge of the sourcing strategy development and execution to enable Nike’s growth and the ever-changing consumer demands. You will operate in an X-functional environment and connect with various stakeholders and external service providers, in order to meet tactical and strategic objectives in line with the company’s vision.
You report to the Regional Supply Chain Procurement Director who will coach, inspire and develop you further, meaning that your talent will never cease to grow.
- You have experience and knowledge of developing and executing supply chain sourcing strategies
- Responsibility for the commercial relationship with our external logistics partners.
- Networking with colleagues at Nike, external suppliers and our clients. In doing so you have a direct impact on the total value of the service provided to our consumers.
- Tracking down talent, leading, coaching and inspiring a team of experts, to support them in their future development.
- Developing and executing strategies for EMEA based on overall procurement objectives, supply market dynamics, technological changes in the marketplace and other relevant factors.
- Working in conjunction with stakeholders to identify value opportunities
- Experience in developing complex strategies that connect Nike’s key cities to territory to geo and global
- Leading negotiations in close cooperation with Transportation Management and drive for the best optimized value proposition (life-cycle management, TCO, innovation, speed & risk mitigation)
- Driving your sourcing strategy through an analytical, data driven category approach with attention to detail.
- Demonstrating excellent negotiation and strong decision making skills, while making decisions that are consistent with the overall mission and goals of Global Procurement.
- Identifying and finalize target savings for your category while managing and fostering key relationships with the Nike Direct, Market Place Operations, Transportation and Logistics teams
- Delivering year-on-year value creation focused on Financial Value, Consumer Value and Sustainability & Innovation
- Master Degree or Master level argumentation thanks to studies or experience.
- At least 5 years of experience with the latest and greatest of supply chain procurement in a fast moving/retail/e-commerce environment across the EMEA region and a passion for procurement
- Global perspective and experience in sourcing and procurement processes, supply base and best practices
- Experience in spend management practices such as demand management, compliance management, supplier collaboration and/or performance management
- Demonstrated experience consulting with business partners, including independently identifying business partner needs, developing action plans, identifying deliverables, and presenting results.
- You have excellent influencing and communication skills
- Leadership experience featuring an eye for talent, development and teamwork across a range of cultural environments
- Process-based thinking, strong analytical skills, structured and customer-focused.
- You are decisive and persuasive.
- Good English communication skills (spoken/written, formal/informal)
- Located at our European Logistics Campus in Laakdal, Belgium and prepared to travel on a regular basis to our European Headquarters in Hilversum-NL and other destinations in the EMEA region
1. A first selection will be made on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation (experience, knowledge and skills)
2. Next step include PC tests considering your learning ability
3. The third step in the selection process involves interviews with the hiring manager and stakeholders.
4. Final round interview: We will then decide whether you will join our team.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID SRC12042018SMT