Influence Marketing Manager, Converse - UK&IApply
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Marketing, Converse I, Marketing & Communications, Converse
If You Get People, You’re Our People
Sure, there’s a whole science behind marketing. But behind that is real people. With needs and wants and quirks and dreams. And we need someone who gets people, who knows how to find our people. The creators, thinkers, and rebels who find themselves at home putting on some Converse. You’re the one that shows them we’re the same. You’re the connector.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.Description
Influencer Marketing Manager - Converse UK&I
The Influence Manager UK&I is a strategic role, responsible for driving brand excellence and consumer demand, leading and creating brand impact for Converse being the canvas for youth progress through sport, culture and creativity.
Every day, Converse’s Influence team integrates & leverages the cultural world to help create, elevate & energize brand stories. They identify disruptive and unexpected ways to inject passion for the Converse brand into the hearts and minds of top influencers, opinion leaders and fast adopters around the globe. Identifying and engaging the brand with the most influential communities and neighbourhoods ; connecting them to our products and experiences to elevate the Converse brand & serve as a catalyst for growth.
This role requires the ability to extend Geo strategic direction with a focus on London and providing local input to help inform that strategy. The role is responsible for managing relationships (culture and creativity), incubate (product collaborations) & working with Cons (skate) integrating where relevant to drive one strategic Influence plan in the UK marketplace across all 3 key pillars.
The role will engage, collaborate and partner with all marketing functions in the UK&I Marketing team based in London, the broader Geo Influence org, as well as external partners.
The Influence Marketing Manager reports to the UK&I Marketing Director & the Western Europe Influence Marketing Director as well as lead a team based in London.
- Insights – Inform the London/Geo strategic plans with deep local insights recommending the right influencers/communities obsessing consumer, industry and marketplace trends to inform and shape strategies in order to deliver against brand objectives.
- Relationships – Consolidate a list of UK&I’s prominent influencers and thought leaders in their space ensuring the highest consistency/quality of influencer management leveraging the cultural world to create, elevate & energize brand stories.
- London Sparks – Drive our community Sparks program with the UK&I team, delivering projects that help us become the brand that is synonymous to youth progress as well as a longer-term strategy.
- Brand heat – Create demand & anticipation for Converse’s pinnacle products & build equity for the Converse Brand.
- Brand activation – Lead the planning, execution and review of key brand activations in London around product or talent.
- Collaboration – build strategic LDN influencer plans working with internal teams to champion creativity and collaboration to bring together a one team offense to build/drive energy, education and leadership creating new space and business opportunities for the brand.
- Planning - lead the regional process for our pinnacle product line, developing seasonal concepts & integrated plans, driving launch executional excellence and connecting with high level collaborators.
- Functional advocate – share work and results with the business and the team at EHQ in a concise and regular manner to create understanding and provide visibility to the work of the Influence function.
- Team – Lead the UK Influence team working across people, product, partners & place.
- 5+ years working in marketing
- 7+ years of PR/digital marketing and/or influencer marketing in the fashion lifestyle sector
- In-depth knowledge of London culture.
- Expertise in building communities and key relationships.
- Strong strategic planning and analytic skills.
- Strong project management, organization, communication and writing skills.
- Collaborative team-player.
- Strong keynote & presentation building skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills within the team and with partners, able to facilitate and lead integrated meetings
- Must be able to develop and maintain fair and honest relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Must have a proven ability to persuade and influence people to take desired action
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clear, concise written messages through memos, e-mails and reports.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm towards the job.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Job ID 00462285