Key Account Manager, Converse UKApply
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world — from a specialty store in Rome to a department store in midtown Manhattan — Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike’s success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.Description
Key responsibilities will include:
- Coach staff, create opportunities for staff development, make hiring decisions, drive performance management, recognition and rewards.
- Develop team structure that facilitates and maximizes individual and team performance.
- Lead the team’s efforts in the development of strategic account plans.
- Work with the merchandising and brand functions to develop programs and product to achieve revenue targets and strong brand positioning.
- Work with all members of the account team to develop, apply and oversee the strategic account strategy.
- Lead the process for realistic and accurate scenario planning, forecasting, seasonal initiatives and business analysis. Ensures market and customer capacities are met.
- Act as the senior contact in the development and servicing of the strategic account.
- Establish and maintains timely, consistent, and positive external relationships with the strategic accounts’ Sr. Management.
- Fashion / athletic product and/or consumer products background, with account sales team management or senior retail divisional management strongly preferred.
- Proven track record increasing revenue by creating and driving holistic business plans inclusive of short and long-term business strategies and financial targets.
- Experience and knowledge of retail fluency and account profitability models with an ability to drive a profitable account business.
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
- Able to influence both cross functionally and vertically at a senior management level within the industry and marketplace and negotiate highly complex retail agreements.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Job ID 00420275