Brand Energy Marketing Manager, LAApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.Description
As the Nike Brand Energy Marketing Manager (West/LA), you will be responsible for pushing the edges of the brand by leveraging the power of relationships and sport culture to enable new and/or existing audiences. Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for creating brand energy to enhance equity and demand for Nike pinnacle products and key stories in Los Angeles & the West Coast territory.
As the Nike Brand Energy Marketing Manager in LA, your key responsibilities will be (but not limited to):
- Take a lead role in the creation and execution of seasonal initiatives & products that drive brand energy, fuel consumer demand and strengthen our connection with consumers.
- Be an amazing teammate and work across categories and functions to fuel our brand, including (but not limited to) Nike Basketball, Nike Running, Nike Training, Nike Women, Nike Football, Nike Soccer, Sales, Merchandising, Brand Communications, Communications (PR), Influencer Marketing, Entertainment Marketing, Digital Marketing, Retail Brand Marketing and Brand Experience.
- Spearhead the LA/West influencer strategy, which includes:
- Creating and evolving our influencer strategy
- Maintaining and fostering new relationships with influencers that will take our brand to new places
- Specialize in knowing the culture of LA, our consumer and our marketplace.
- Be in the know – Study, understand and stay current on sneaker, sport, fashion, art, music, design and innovation trends.
- Lead and continuously mine for consumer insights through relationships, consumer research and focus groups that will help drive a strong category vision, create new consumer experiences, fuel our seasonal/category plans and provide an understanding of our consumer needs and behaviors.
- Fully understand and be knowledgeable of our Nike collaborators and product, as well as foster great relationships with our collaborators.
- Contribute to the team’s development of strategy, project management, implementation and evaluation for both category and seasonal marketing initiatives.
- Bring new business / partnership ideas and opportunities to the team.
- 5+ years of experience within branding marketing or related experience in marketing strategy, marketing planning, marketing implementation, retail merchandising, display and events, at least 2 of which working within Culture, Influencer or Energy based marketing
- Excellent knowledge and genuine passion for sneaker culture, fashion, art design, the city of Los Angeles and the Nike brand.
- Experience developing cross-channel marketing campaigns in fashion, retail, lifestyle, youth marketing, entertainment, and/or tech fields
- Team – Thrives within a fast paced and team environment. Demonstrates leadership ability, including the ability to motivate others within a work group.
- Innovation – we are looking for someone who can have inventive, imaginative, and resourceful ways to solve problems or create opportunities; thinking “outside the box”
- Knowledge – we are looking for someone who can anticipate consumer’s needs and has excellent knowledge & connections within the Los Angeles creative market
- Identity – respect the power of the brand to influence consumer’s culture. Sharing passion for the brand, sports innovation and lifestyle
- Leadership – act like a leader. Build relationships in/out of Nike.
- Brand – protect, build, extend dimensions of the brand to ensure sustainable business growth and positive future for Nike
- Communication – timely and superior verbal & written communication
- Concrete experience managing complex projects, programs and activations that have heavy dependencies requiring strong leadership to align multiple teams and stakeholders. Demonstrated leadership ability, including the ability to motivate others within a work group
- Ability to balance creativity with organizational and procedural excellence in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment.
- Readiness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win.
- Active information-seeking skills.
- Has a positive outlook and treats others with respect.
- Some travel required
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00418797