Director, Human Resource Business PartnerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc.’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.Description
We have an exciting opportunity to be a part of Nike’s Memphis HR Team as an integral part of the North America HR team strategy. The Memphis team operates in a dynamic environment that celebrates people, community, innovation and diversity. We are passionate about delivering HR support that enables our rapidly growing team to reach its fullest potential.
As an HR Director you will provide strategic business partnership contributing to Nike’s growth by defining and catalyzing the strategic people agenda for continuous transformation of Nike’s culture and capability. In our rapidly changing environment you will help us raise the standard on Nike’s end-to-end value chain expertise by working in close partnership with internal change leaders; providing HR guidance, consulting and expertise. You will exhibit companywide thinking to proactively understand functional areas and how they interact/overlap with other areas of the business and operations. You will align Nike’s people strategies with business strategies and successfully implement critical people initiatives in a productive, complex and rapidly growing business environment. This is a role for someone with expertise in Talent Administration, Change Management, Leadership Development, Succession Planning – as well project/program administration. You will report to the Senior Director, Human Resources for North America Fulfillment. This role will be based in Memphis, TN.
• Champion and lead organization design, people strategy, leadership development, human design and change/transformation processes for existing and new distribution center/s
• Be a partner in the development of work methods within a new distribution environment
• Evaluate and determine organizational readiness, develop change management and communication strategy while coordinating and partnering with SME’s
• Assess and anticipate people-related needs, communicating needs proactively to develop integrated solutions
• Utilize a lean human centered methodology, tools and processes to support leaders in accomplishing the established business goals for a new and existing distribution environment
• Act as a change-agent, developing change plans and transformational initiatives as the business continues to reshape with the objective of providing world class distribution and employee experiences
• Advise leaders on the implications of short and long-term decisions on people and strategies
• Lead and facilitate the development of culture and key capabilities
• Initiate and sustain continuous dialogue with function leaders on both internal and external change challenges and opportunities
• Analyze how change can be supported and sustained through redesigned HR strategies, programs, practices, policies, and processes
• Develop and lead insightful recommendations on talent and organizational structures to inform and cultivate business units’ future direction and plan
• Proactively provide thought leadership on initiative development that supports team member engagement and maximize organizational and cultural effectiveness
• Identify and support organizational design needs by leading end-to-end organizational design initiatives from strategy to design and implementation
• Partner with business leaders to assess, diagnose, design, and deliver customized solutions; come to the table with a meaningful point of view on issues while still having an open ear to opinions and suggestions
• Build organization structures, processes, and team member strategies to enhance effectiveness and capability
• Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Organizational Development or related discipline required
• Masters’ degree a plus
• 12+ years of Human Resources experience and 5+ years of leadership/administration.
• 7+ years of successful business partnership at a Senior Leader/functional level, with demonstrated results in linking HR strategies to the business in areas such as change and transition management
• Thorough knowledge of the full spectrum of human resource management
• Ability to listen to, discern and respect the beliefs of teammates.
• Communicate (written and orally) in a highly effective way with Senior Leaders – focusing on content, outcomes and value relevant to business leaders
• Work in high collaboration environment across operations and business teams, as well as HR
• Work effectively in a highly changing and dynamic environment, demonstrating ability to learn and adjust quickly, and bring others along when designing or implementing new ideas
• Demonstrated experience managing large, complex projects with multiple stakeholders
• Experience presenting human design concepts to internal leadership teams and senior leaders
• Experience operating strategically and ability to have a hands-on approach
• Proven ability to develop, engage and retain a high performing team
• Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational development, employee relations, diversity, performance management, talent development, federal, state, and local employment laws
• Excellent interpersonal and partnership skills
• Ability to develop meaningful trusting relationships at all levels within the organization to gain support and achieve results
• Ability to effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address resolute , complex business issues
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00431779