Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc.’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.Description
- Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Provides employee relations counseling.
- Serves as the first point of HR on-site contact.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Participates in and at times take the lead on investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advises frontline supervisors on steps in the progressive discipline process. Counsels supervisors on employment issues.
- Complies with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with Nike Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Assists with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, newsletters, employee focus groups and one-on-one meetings.
- Monitors the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Gather, analyze and correlate data to draw out root cause.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- HR Expertise
- Relationship Management/Interpersonal Skills
- Coaching/Counseling/Consultation Skills
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Aptitude in problem-solving.
- A bachelor's degree and three years of HR experience, or a master's degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- HR experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00433998