Category Sales ManagerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world — from a specialty store in Rome to a department store in midtown Manhattan — Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike’s success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.Description
The nature of the work is focused on creating and servicing product demand. You would be responsible for achieving assigned sales quota by bringing in new and maintaining existing business, as well as selling products to a defined set of accounts in Russia. You contribute to the development of the sales strategy at the account level, to maximize profitability for the company and account. Drive marketplace management for Performance (Run, Training and Women's). Responsible for maximizing category business and driving the team to hit the seasonal revenue targets.
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors
- Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from manager
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
- Applies management expertise to set direction and resolves problems in own discipline
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems
- Is accountable for the performance and results of one or more teams within own discipline or department
- Makes decisions guided by policies and business plan that impact the level of service and the department’s ability to meet performance objectives
- Performs work in support of brand plans; demonstrates link between daily work and company mission; participates in initiatives, programs or products with moderate visibility
- Ensures actions protect company image and limits risks
- Decisions and actions impacting company image require management oversight and are constrained by policies
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address local business, service and operational challenges
- Forecasts resource needs; manages allocated budget
- Leads the team in development of the Category seasonal concept, story and innovation plan. Assures the seasonal plan is fully integrated across business units and functions.
- Ensures execution of successful marketing strategies, advertising, promotions and public relation programs. Focus on enhancing brand integrity and positioning in the country.
- Typically requires a Bachelor Degree and minimum of 5 or 6 years directly relevant work experience.
- Athletic product and/or consumer products category account sales management strongly preferred.
- Experience and track record of success leading teams working on elevating categories and/or brand initiatives. Proven track record increasing revenue by creating and driving a holistic business plans inclusive of short and long term business strategies and financial targets.
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
- Able to influence both cross functionally and vertically within the industry and marketplace.
- Fluency in English.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00423812