Account Executive, North AmericaApply
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world — from a specialty store in Rome to a department store in midtown Manhattan — Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike’s success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.Description
The Account Executive
will grow and optimize sales of Converse footwear, apparel, and accessories in
the Tri-State /Midwest region. You will be responsible for selling to small,
medium and some key accounts established within the territory through futures
and at-once business
This person will have deep expertise and insight into the footwear industry, understand the needs of the independent retailer, and be able to demonstrate leadership through relationship building.
As a member of the team, this candidate will play an integral role on the commercial team by communicating the needs of the territory. You will be responsible for seasonal assortments and delivering annual sales plans by working closely to make sure all forecasting goals are being delivered. You will develop external and internal relationships with key personnel at all levels. You will grow the business by preparing, planning, and delivering clear persuasive sell-in meetings and product presentations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Daily communication with internal cross functional partners and external personnel at all levels
- Managing all aspects of the order file from order-entry to delivery to customer.
- Developing, merchandising and presenting product assortments in line with seasonal initiatives and strategies.
- Ability to use financial data to make decisions and maximize account profitability
- Planning seasonal financial forecasts and assortments that ensure sell-in, sell-through and franchise management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- A minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
- A self-starter who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them.
- Works well with others with the ability to build trust with the team and work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment
- Understanding of the competitive market, customers and retail trends.
- Ability to meet deadlines for planning and order management
- Strong communication skills, ability to overcome conflict and negotiate situations
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Proficient with Microsoft office and B2B experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel to accounts 50% of the time and attend sales meetings, trade shows, etc
- Ability to carry and move samples up to 35 lbs.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Job ID 00411359