From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to social media, digital marketing and the retail store experience, our teams at NIKE Digital are reimagining how design and technology meet to serve consumers more directly and personally. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with the most creative people in the world. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
We’re passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you’re an athlete.
At Nike Digital, we’re revolutionizing fitness and sport. We’re creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike’s proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our prodcts, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows.
Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day.
Ryan Miller Technical Architect
Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
Company Wide Volunteering
We’re taking digital to the next level. We've opened a new Digital Innovation Lab (DIL) in NYC that’s dedicated to creating engaging and innovative consumer experiences across all of our digital products and services. And you’re going to help grow the DIL and Nike’s New York technology presence with us. All the passion and hustle of a start-up, but at the scale, stability, and benefits of Nike.
Goals of the Digital Innovation Lab in NYC:
- Bring community & collaboration features to digital products and services
- Build empowered teams of high functioning ICs
- Rethinking about how we do digital experiences
- Grow Nike’s presence in New York’s technology community
The Digital Innovation Lab will be initially focused on our SNKRS app, a sleekly designed online store stocked with high-end shoes. This application is targeted towards the sneaker enthusiast, and it’s function extends beyond the digital storefront. While shoes are a consumer staple, Nike's success in footwear owes a great deal to the lifestyle brand and image that the company has cultivated, and there exists a sizable market of sneaker enthusiasts. A culture has developed around the products that places a premium on fashion and rarity, and the SNKRS app represents an attempt by Nike to further bridge sneaker culture into the social-media sphere.
As our Sr. Cloud Services Engineer, you will play an integral role in developing innovative and highly scalable microservices to support native mobile experiences.
In this role, you will be:
- Innovating, architecting, designing and implementing highly available, scalable systems, focusing on highly visible projects that directly impact the customer experience
- Contributing ideas for new features and identifying areas for improvement proactively
- Collaborating with mobile development and product team members at Nike to design, develop, and deploy highly scalable experience APIs and services
- Provide technical leadership and best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute unique and innovative programs
- Writing clean, tested, and well-documented code
- Academic background in computer science (BS or MS) or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years’ experience developing highly scalable APIs and services
- Fluency with Java, Python, C#, and/or Node.js (AWS Lambda a huge plus)
- Ability to work closely with Product Managers, other development teams, and QA teams
- Be a self-starter with a passion for technology and a burning desire to constantly improve yourself, the product, and the codebase
- Comfortable working within a exciting fast-paced environment
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Experience estimating work, planning, organization and implementing complex software projects
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00436187