SNKRS Design DirectorApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.Description
The Design Director for SNKRS in NYC works directly with the Sr. Creative Director and helps with creating and executing interaction design for each project.
We seek an innovative problem solver, a collaborative team player, and a skilled Product Designer who can handle multiple projects of differing size and scope. You are driven by curiosity and passionate about user-centered experience design and able to handle both high-level vision and detail-focused execution.
- Produce high quality user experience design through hybrid wireframe and visual designs, flow diagrams, and prototypes.
- Collaborate with the product team on user experience decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops.
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications.
- Help to lead presentations for new or existing work.
- Work closely with and across a team of engineers, product managers, and fellow designers.
- 10+ years agency, in-house or start-up design experience and interactive work
- Experience managing a team
- Proven record of shipping quality software
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills within the team and with partners
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing intelligent digital strategy and creative design solutions
- A conceptual thinker and master of user experience with the ability to produce exceptional design work
- Solid foundation in typography, layout, and general design
- A passion for innovation and technology with a solid understanding of digital tools, trends, and infrastructure
- Experience with creating websites and/or apps for mobile devices
- Understanding of underlying technology is necessary. You don't have to be a developer, but you understand what makes things work
- In-depth understanding of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and Keynote
- Experience bringing designs to life through animation; i.e. Principle, Flash, After Effects
- Able to function independently and in a team environment
- Able to lead and manage teams and large-scale projects
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00377933