Sr Apparel Design Assist, Women's SportswearApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.Description
- Assists in creating concepts in the BRS atelier and in the garment district for SL and pre-season in-line
- Attends key events around the city with the rest of the team, and shares insights with WHQ partners.
- Keeps a constant connection to the consumer in the city and works with those insights to assist in creating trend reports for the category and inform product designs.
• Assists in creating original product designs for in-line or refreshes existing products that appropriately reflect Nike's design philosophy & standards with supervision from Design management.
• Proactively follows the execution of all product details including: construction detail, color, form, style, detail, fit performance, graphic application, trim, etc.
• Clearly communicates with members in Design, Development, and Product Management at WHQ to ensure feasibility of designs, meeting price points, merchandising needs and product creation timelines.
• Assists in all aspects of design process with the more senior Designer.
• Assists in Producing presentation materials that effectively communicate the concept behind the line for internal and external audiences.
- Assists the rest of the team to run and maintain the BRS Studio.
- Provides design support for the WHQ design team as needed outside of assigned product load.
• 1 – 3 years relevant design experience
• Connection to sport and sport style trends
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and Keynote on a Mac Platform
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Detail-oriented and organizationally-driven
• Ability to balance + successfully prioritize workload/competing deadlines
• High tolerance for ambiguity
• Self-starter + proactive
• Able to navigate + collaborate effectively with matrix teams
• Be Collaborative, Creative, and Curious
• Demonstrate high level of flexibility
• Embody optimism
• Passion for design
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00462411