Algorithm Designer IIApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.Description
- Research, build and pilot new algorithms to generate product performance structures and aesthetics
- Create design tools that enable computational designers and product designers to apply algorithms to designs
- Partner with the program leads to create and build a tools and technology platform
- Develop and manage a computational design research agenda
- Multi-task and concurrently execute on several products.
- Partner on the product lifecycle process with the Design, Development and Engineering organizations.
- Participate on multiple interdisciplinary project teams.
- Clearly communicate project status and manage priorities.
- Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and making persuasive presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Industrial Design or Computer Science. Masters in Architecture, Industrial Design or Computer Science preferred.
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of work experience in a similar role.
- Prefer 8+ years experience in computational design
- Several examples of successfully launched products that demonstrate complex product design solutions.
- At least 8+ years experience using 2D and 3D design software
- At least 5+ years in mathematics
- Prefer 3+ years experience in apparel or footwear product design
- Prefer 3+ years experience with 3D printing solutions and machine/material offering
- Demonstrate ability to develop simple and elegant solutions to complex design problems
- Proven ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team; communicate and influence throughout organizations
- Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Can work with grace under pressure
- Expert knowledge of computational thinking, algorithms and architecture.
- Expert skills with Rhino, Grasshopper and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Intermediate skills with Maya, Mudbox, Zbrush and T-Splines.
- Expert skills with C++, Java, Python and/or VB.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00425243