Apparel Technical Developer IIApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Global Apparel Product Creation, Product Development
Nike, Inc. Product Development is key to making next-level products. The first spark of an idea puts the team in motion, ultimately transforming a designer’s sketch into a commercially viable product. The teams of developers, testers, engineers and designers collaborate on refining each product’s construction, fit and style. Using advancements in technology and sustainable design, the Product Development teams accelerate innovation while reflecting the soul of sport.
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Apparel Product Creation team into motion. The team of apparel developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They use cutting-edge advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.Description
You will also create and revise Tech Pack for assigned styles and ensure all appropriate development documentation is maintained including product specs and prototype notes. In addition, the Technical Developer II will execute fit and construction standards for a category or product group to ensure consistency. You will track and facilitate prototyping for styles; identify and address key issues and challenges in construction/manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested product. Monitor and communicate progress and challenges throughout the product testing process to meet product integrity requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in apparel design, pattern making, textile science or related field. Two years additional product creation experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years technical development or technical design experience in the apparel industry, which includes the apparel development process from inception through production (pattern making, grading, construction, materials, costing, manufacturing and quality).
- Strong problem solving, organization and communication skills.Has an eye for craft and quality.
- Understands costing & sustainability and knows resources.
- Bridges gaps between people and leads by example. Seeks guidance and opportunities to build people up. Encourages diversity of ideas
- Experience interpreting design intent, offering alternative solutions, and acting as a technical resource. Corrects and communicates corrections for moderate fit issues.
- Experience writing product specs and construction standards instructions.
- Experience working with factory vendors to ensure and improve manufacturability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects. Must be a self-starter.
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator and CAD Pattern Design software (Optitex/Browzwear) highly desired. Proficiency with MS Office programs.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (domestic and international).
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00460828