Apparel Technical Development Standards CoordinatorApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Apparel Product Creation team into motion. The team of apparel developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They use cutting-edge advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.Description
• Create and maintain a library of construction techniques and/or finishes.
• Identify and address key issues and challenges in construction / manufacturing and plan standard creation accordingly to deliver proven and tested product.
• Collect information / examples of construction variations to identify construction standard sets needed
• Collaborate with x-functional partners (Technical Development, Product Integrity, Global Sourcing and Manufacturing, Design)
In this role you’ll need to gain understanding of category construction variations and our source base capabilities. You’ll apply experience in Make – construction and quality details and in Apparel manufacturing process in creating standards. You will apply knowledge of material properties, costing, palette, trims, embellishments, graphic/print, finish.
• Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design, Engineering, Business or similar degree is required
• Minimum of 2 years relevant experience required
• Experience in Apparel product development and construction is required
• Experience in Adobe Illustrator, 3D software preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00431773