NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building – and sharing – digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We’re passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you’re an athlete.
At Nike Digital, we’re revolutionizing fitness and sport. We’re creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike’s proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our prodcts, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows.
Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day.
Ryan Miller Technical Architect
Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
Company Wide Volunteering
In Nike Demand Engineering, team we create tools to develop Demand Planning using data inspired approach. Your role is to provide thought leadership in creating a solution that is scalable and aligns with our future direction. In addition, you will Lead, Guide, Drive and Inspire team to create high quality applications that scale and grow with business needs, and mentor your team members to grow their career and become the next generation leaders of Nike.
As Manager of DSM Demand Engineering, you will:
- Lead the technical development and planning solution on SAS Merchandising platform.
- Lead the team to deliver scalable data solutions to resolve a customer needs
- Ensure the implementation of automated workflows as well as continuous integration, test-driven development and production deployment framework
- Provide technical guidance in the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and development of major new capabilities
- Provide excellent technical expertise in application architecture, with a deep vision to component reuse within the Retail environment and beyond
Oversee the quality of the code and products throughout the entire development lifecycle (DevOps)
- Drive for continuous improvement in performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, usability, and availability of the platform.
- Leverage agile methodology concepts for quality, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Partner with business stakeholders, product managers, and other engineering directors to create and maintain technical roadmap.
- Coaching and career development for engineering managers and staff.
- Management experience with excellent communication skill in guiding and influencing others
- Experience developing applications to run in a large-scale environment.
- Experience with relational SQL Java and Python
- Experience in designing REST APIs and developing RESTful Web Services
- Experience designing and developing on horizontally and highly scalable cloud-based architecture. AWS cloud infrastructure experience preferred.
- Experience with developing automated unit tests and managing and executing unit tests.
- Experience developing Object Oriented, multi-tier applications in a complex architectural landscape.
- Experience with workflow scheduling tools
- Experience developing in a CI/CD environment.
- Experience writing automated unit and integration tests
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
Preferred if you have:
- Experience using and scaling NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, Mongo or Couchbase.
- Experience in developing Infrastructure code using cloud formation, Teraform, etc..
- Experience designing and implementing performance tests.
- Experience designing instrumentation into code and using and integrating with software & logging analysis tools such as New Relic & Splunk.
- Experience with Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, etc).
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00426255