Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Innovation is oxygen for Nike, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.Description
• Understand the state of the science concerning chemicals used in Nike products and manufacturing processes
• Support innovation and product development teams in evaluating products and manufacturing processes through chemical risk assessments including providing alternatives if a flag is raised
• Interpret data and conclusions of risk assessments and studies and respond to innovation and product development team inquiries on which chemistry or formulation is “better”
• Provide expertise to the innovation and product development teams in the design of alternative technologies with enhanced human health and environmental profiles.
• Can apply past work experience to current position
Ability to work within a network of peers that have diverse background, bringing out the best in the team
• Master’s degree or higher in Chemistry
• 5 years of professional experience in industry (Consumer Products, Chemicals, or related field)
• Experience in ingredient/chemical risk assessment, design and interpretation of toxicology studies/data
• Passionate about applying green chemistry principals into materials and product manufacturing processes
• Engaging presenter and influencer utilizing excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills with the ability to make the complex simple.
• Proven ability to work at all levels of the company. Collaborate across the matrix to achieve goals and create support for programs with key business partners.
• Highly organized, flexible, self-starter who can prioritize among many competing work demands.
• Possesses disciplined approach to work that include project planning, tracking and reporting
• Talent for systems thinking with the proven ability to work outside of core area of expertise.
• Desire to work in a dynamic team of equals who pool their tremendous qualifications, skills and experiences for the good of the team.
• Develop scope, cost schedule and deliverables to engage outside expertise to assist or deliver projects. Manage contracts to insure quality of deliverables. Take personal accountability for the work.
Experience in one or more of the following areas are a bonus:
• Textile and footwear chemistry experience
• Product development and manufacturing experience
• Demonstrated pragmatic approach to integrating sustainability and financial analysis into business decisions.
• Experience in dealing with chemical regulations in the apparel or footwear sectors
• Masters in Toxicology or related science
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00361903