Digital Innovator IIApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Apparel Product Creation team into motion. The team of apparel developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They use cutting-edge advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.Description
As we look to transform the way Nike designs and makes product, harnessing cutting-edge, digital technology and processes will be integral to the future maker at Nike. We are seeking a Digital Innovator II with expertise in 3D modeling, rigging, animation, and digital pipeline development. As a Digital Innovator II, you'll play a key role in the research and development of advanced digital tools, processes, and experiences that will serve to drive Nike’s product creation, manufacturing & advanced innovation strategies forward.
The Digital Innovator works across advanced innovation and product creation teams, connecting with other digital innovators and key internal and external partners to research, develop, and deliver advanced digital concepts and solutions. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience and subject matter expertise, as well as an established track record in delivering production output and digital software solutions.
Fundamental elements of our work include:
• Functional and business requirement definition
• Digital transformation / Business process transformation
• New product strategy and development
• Rapid prototyping & concepting
• Digital production and validation
• User-centered design and research
• Software product management
• Transition management
• Advanced communication & storytelling
• Perform modeling, rigging, and animation of digital assets for production and concept validation. Act as subject matter expert in this area.
• Develop pipeline scripts, utilities, and tools to create efficiency and capacity
• Build technical expertise with current and future modeling, rigging, and animation innovations
• Manage the day-to-day relationships with key technology vendors
• Partner on the discovery process for technology research opportunities within NXT Digital Innovation, business partners, and other Innovation teams
• Collaborate on and/or lead the implementation of short-term pilots to prove plausibility of technology innovations, including defining project scope, requirements, and success metrics
• Participate in multiple interdisciplinary project teams.
• Clearly communicate the current industry trends and state-of-affairs.
• Establish strong partnerships with IT, vendors and researchers in the digital modeling, rigging, and animation disciplines.
• Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality.
• Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations.
• Be passionate about delivering a premium solution, but find ways of producing it that does not jeopardize schedule and budget.
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication & storytelling skills including meeting facilitation and development of persuasive presentations.
• 5-8+ years of hands-on work in digital modeling, rigging, and animation in the visual effects, digital animation, or computer gaming industry.
• 3+ years product creation experience; footwear or apparel a plus
• An expert understanding of best practices for modeling, rigging, and animation that is made possible by current technologies
• Technical proficiency with industry-leading software (e.g. Maya, Motion Builder, Modo, 3DSMax, Adobe CC, Houdini, etc.)
• Proficiency in digital simulation (e.g. cloth, hair, fur, soft bodies, etc.)
• Ability to develop scripts for automation efficiency in Python or other relevant languages
• Willingness and ability to both get “hands dirty” and also work strategically on projects
• Several examples of successfully launched projects that demonstrate conceptual and creative thinking
• Ability to develop simple and elegant solutions to complex design problems
• Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team; communicate and influence throughout organizations
• Ability to think and act creatively, methodically and strategically
• Must be organized and flexible, acting independently while staying aligned with the larger platform team
• Ability to switch rapidly between different projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Is forward thinking and passionate about delivering a premium and innovative solution
Familiarity and experience with any of the following technology areas are a plus:
• 3D scanning and motion capture technologies
• Anthropometry and ergonomics
• 3D modeling / design / printing
• 3D apparel design / 3D footwear design
• Advanced visualization technologies using rendering and game engines, AR/VR/MR
• Artificial intelligence / machine learning
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00425866