Director of Innovation Programs, NSRLApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Advanced Innovation, Product Development
Nike, Inc. Product Development is key to making next-level products. The first spark of an idea puts the team in motion, ultimately transforming a designer’s sketch into a commercially viable product. The teams of developers, testers, engineers and designers collaborate on refining each product’s construction, fit and style. Using advancements in technology and sustainable design, the Product Development teams accelerate innovation while reflecting the soul of sport.
Innovation is oxygen for Nike, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.Description
We are looking for a talented Director to join a team that drives the creation of new research capabilities to unlock groundbreaking scientific insights, as well as commercializes those insights into compelling value propositions for Nike’s consumers. The Director, Innovation Programs needs to be a versatile creative leader, who has the ability to partner with disparate teams and functions across Nike. This person needs to bring energy and curiosity to understanding complex research challenges and then partner with scientists, experience designers, and technologists to solve them.
As a Leader of a small team you must have extensive communication, collaboration, and influence skills which you will use in your interactions throughout the Nike organization.
- Act as a bridge between the Advanced Innovation and Global Digital Innovation teams and orchestrate complex cross-functional research initiatives
- Lead strategy definition for key research capabilities; facilitatate ideation and brainstorming workshops
- Partner with stakeholders to define needs, prioritize work and ensure alignment
- Lead the proof of concepts & pilots to prove plausibility of technology innovation
- Manage day-to-day relationships with stakeholders, technical teams and external development partners
- Lead the development & implementation of key projects with technology and vendor partners; establish strong partnerships
- Storytelling to gain organizational alignment including the development and delivery of persuasive presentations
- Advocate and evalgenize the power of science in making athletes* measureably better
- Define project milestones and create project Gantt charts and status reports
• An experienced leader, capable of managing interdisciplinary teams to deliver results on aggressive timelines
• Track record of getting leadership onboard with a common vision and strategy to achieve a particular outcome
• Demonstrated deep experience in designing and facilitating immersive workshops that generate tangible results and momentum in accomplishing project goals
• Ability to work with a high level of ambiguity. Be flexible with an ability to take unclear goals and targets forward by formulating a plan which brings clarity and focus in order to achieve deliverables
• Extreme comfort with a blank whiteboard and random ingredients and make sense of it all
• Inventive with a desire to capture meaningful and relevant intellectual property for the company
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with the core team, extended stakeholders and leadership
• Self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations
• Strong team orientation and ability to collaborate
• History of financial planning and budget management
• Strong project management fundamentals
• Background in physiology or biomechanical research is a major plus
• Experience in data science, machine learning, data visualization, or data engineering is a plus
• Nike, Inc. knowledge and established credibility within the business is a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00437218