Director - Technology AccountingApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Finance, Corporate Services
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.Description
As the Director of Technology Accounting, you will be responsible for engaging across NIKE’s Global Technology organization as they accelerate new digital capabilities for the enterprise in support of our Consumer Direct Offense.You will collaborate with technology business and finance leaders to provide critical insights and accounting guidance into our complex and dynamic global technology investment portfolio. You’ll partner to enable and influence strategic initiatives that help transform NIKE’s IT control framework as well as optimize end-to-end business and accounting processes.
Your ability to operate in a very dynamic environment and work effectively with a variety of stakeholders will be crucial. You’ll need to curate deep business partnerships with NIKE Technology, Global Controlling, Finance Planning and Strategy and Corporate Audit and Risk Management. You’ll need a strategic mindset, a bias toward action and change, and a commitment to execution. You must have the ability to build strong relationships with teammates and work cross-functionally to ensure success of our long-term vision.
Key responsibilities include:
Works cross functionally, as a trusted business partner, to inform business decisions and financial plans on technical accounting, financial reporting, financial risks, process and control requirements
Drive transformation of NIKE’s IT control framework to a best-in-class highly automated future state, globally
Ensures financial statement accuracy through a sustainable, effective, and efficient control environment and participate in in review of monthly, quarterly and annual technology business unit operating results and financial sign-off with business leadership
Provide key financial insights and monitor financial statement and controls risk of business strategy, including investment in new system capabilities and divestiture of legacy systems, and proactively identify impact on existing Accounting policy, process and tools
Liaising and developing a deep partnership with the team who owns, maintains, and executes accounting record-to-report process, policy and controls for acquired and internally developed software
Engage key business leaders to obtain visibility and provide accounting guidance for new transactions and strategies, enabling forecast accuracy and informed business decisions
Embed and maintain cross functional relationships in the upstream process of the investment lifecycle by providing value and accounting insight that will best drive data driven decisions
Execute established communication channel and engagement model between Controlling organization and technology business units
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field, preferably with an emphasis in Finance, Economics, Business, Risk Management or equivalent.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in increasing areas of responsibility focused heavily on technical accounting and/or operational excellence; preferably within a large, complex, multinational corporation
- Technology enthusiast with knowledge of software deployment approaches (eg waterfall, agile, etc) and experience reviewing and/or understanding system landscapes, models, and various types of software licenses (eg SAAS, PAAS, termed, perpetual, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Proven ability to develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions and layers, preferably inclusive of navigating a large corporation
- Strong ability to handle and effectively prioritize numerous and competing priorities and requests
- Strong ability to seek information and problem solve
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong enthusiasm and passion for the NIKE brand
- MBA or MSA is a plus
- Experience with technical accounting for complex agreements is a plus
- Experience with SAP is preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00414816