Experience Designer II, Nike Digital InnovationApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.Description
You’ll produce both digital and physical design outputs, including user flows, personas, user journeys, wireframes, design comps, and motion studies—anything you need to help you articulate your ideas. You’ll balance hands-on execution of design deliverables with strategic and critical thinking to drive projects and collaborate with teams.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a combination of strategic, conceptual and design skills.
- Execute and own design deliverables, including conceptual models, personas, scenarios, user journeys/flows, wireframes, and visual designs.
- Give to the experience strategy for various projects and collaborate with product owners to define requirements.
- Uncover and understand business opportunities through user research and insights-gathering; synthesize insights to ground product strategies.
- Evangelize user-centered thinking with partners and stakeholders to guide towards thoughtful process and technology change.
- Operate as an experience design lead for various Innovation projects across both Footwear and Apparel.
- Educate and inspire team members by communicating an experience-based vision for the project while involving people at optimal levels for project success.
- Lead meetings with key stakeholders; ensure that they meet the stated objectives and stay on agenda.
- Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality, including the management of visual QA and hand-offs to development teams.
- Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations.
- Be passionate about delivering a premium solution but find ways of producing it that do not jeopardize schedule and budget.
- Facilitate meetings and make persuasive presentations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, Art or related field
• Several examples of successfully launched projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
• At least 5+ years experience in interaction or experience design
• Digital product design experience preferred
• A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
• Demonstrated ability to lead the design of large and complex systems of interactions
• A solid understanding of what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies
• Ability to develop innovative design approaches to complex design problems
• Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as communicate and influence across organizations
• An innovator mindset with a propensity and passion for out-of-the-box thinking and ideation
• Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
• Can work with grace under pressure and operate effectively and proactively in an ambiguous environment
• Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, PowerPoint
• Experience conducting internal/external user research a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Prefer deep expertise in one of the following areas: digital prototyping, product knowledge, creative & innovative problem-solving, design thinking, user research, motion graphics design, or environmental design.
We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Nike, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00458537