Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Product Development, Advanced Innovation
Nike, Inc. Product Development is key to making next-level products. The first spark of an idea puts the team in motion, ultimately transforming a designer’s sketch into a commercially viable product. The teams of developers, testers, engineers and designers collaborate on refining each product’s construction, fit and style. Using advancements in technology and sustainable design, the Product Development teams accelerate innovation while reflecting the soul of sport.
Innovation is oxygen for Nike, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.Description
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in embedded systems firmware development.
- Experience developing firmware for different microprocessors and with different tool chains including small footprint embedded systems preferred.
- Experience identifying hardware requirements based upon system firmware requirements a plus.
- Works with Engineers, Designers, Innovators, and other experts to architect and realize intent and experience design of embedded systems and solutions. Uses concept sketches, pseudo-code, engineering design/ideas, and other communication methods to assure clear understanding of technological capabilities and limitations.
- Understanding of embedded firmware architecture and system design.
- Proven strong understanding of software design processes, methodologies and approaches.
- Experience in data compression technologies targeted to a resource-constrained embedded environment.
- Ability to support all phases of the product development cycle including architecture, design, development, debugging, documentation and validation.
- Experience developing firmware for systems using low power 32-bit micro-controllers.
- Experience writing or designing firmware for BLE, UART, SPI, I2C, USB and other communication protocols.
- Experience writing or designing embedded low power management firmware.
- Demonstrated expertise in design of multitasking, event driven real time firmware using C and understanding RTOS concepts.
- Experience in low-power hardware design.
- Ability to read schematics and work through hardware level system issues.
- Excellent creativity, communication, presentation, troubleshooting, time-management and analytical skills are required.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Available for frequent late-afternoon/evening conference calls.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00426572