Footwear Material Developer II- NSW FuelApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.Description
• Provide tools, palettes and data across multiple material types to enable effective material selection for end use and category ease of use; including technical assistance to product creation teams.
• Partner with Material Design to ensure the material palette is infused with seasonal energy, while considering source base, price, performance and sustainability.
• Drive adherence to product creation calendar within your category to ensure seasonal materials are developed, tested and commercialized on time.
• Partner with Material Planning & Procurement to ensure you are providing visibility to both your category and to Planning & Procurement when issues or concerns arise; collaborate on resolution.
• Lead vendor communication and have deep understanding of vendor capabilities. Be the primary contact for vendor as it relates to category specific issues (price, technical specs, performance). Maintain positive working relationships.
• Collaborate with product creation team, innovation and sourcing to provide training and education for footwear product creation as well as best practices to enable informed decision making.
· Bachelor's degree in Apparel, Textiles, Business or equivalent
· 5+ years' relevant experience, which may include footwear industry experience or experience in materials development, manufacturing or engineering
· 2 additional year of experience in lieu of a degree
· Deep understanding of various material manufacturing processes required
· Understanding of the product creation process
· Ability to translate lab testing results for end use application
· Excellent problem-solving skills and continual innovation ability
· Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions
· Strong verbal/written and intercultural communication skills
· Ability to anticipate needs, mitigate risks, solve problems, perform research and analyze results
· Attention to detail, active follow-through, assertiveness, self-motivation and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and independently manage workload
· PC literate with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook. PTC/material management systems experience preferred.
· Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00420412