Innovation Insights DirectorApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.Description
This role leverages consumer insights and design strategy to identify opportunities that will drive innovation. The Innovation Insights Director will report to the Senior Insights Director and will partner with functions across Design, Innovation, Brand Marketing, Brand Planning and Strategic Planning.
The role will be based at Nike headquarters in Beaverton, OR, and will involve periodic travel (15-20%).
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Provide Insights for Innovation / Design Strategy
- Identify new areas for Nike to explore based on awareness of key behavioral, cultural and societal shifts.
- Use qualitative research (and quantitative research where appropriate) to articulate consumer truths to influence strategic priorities
- Conduct global insight projects (planning, recruitment, moderation and fieldwork, synthesis and production).
- Manage global insights for innovation projects using relevant vendors.
- Collaborate with relevant Innovation, Design and Brand teams to understand function needs.
- Create and produce actionable insights to impact brand and category understanding of new contexts, audiences and relationship with activity.
- To drive product and service design and innovation opportunities.
Requirements for the position include:
- 10 years in a Consumer Insights , Innovation or Design Strategy role
- Experience in Design (industrial, product, fashion, experience, service, innovation)
- Experience in implementing a range of research methods
- Experience conducting and moderating qualitative research
- Experience conducting global research initiatives
- Sound judgment and ability to provide information toward the determination of policy and strategy
- Knowledge and passion for product innovation and value of consumer insights to create the future
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience
- Ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism
- Energy giver and team player with a desire to make a difference
- Ability to establish an independent view, effectively collaborate in decision-making and work in a team environment.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00425000