Senior Software Engineer - Innovation TechnologyApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.Description
Nike does more than
outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential,
obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for
people who can grow, think, dream, and create. We thrive in a culture that
embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek, leaders, visionaries, and
achievers. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have, to a challenging and
constantly evolving game.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Innovation team, you will be at the intersection of technology and the R&D of athlete* performance, accelerating the creation of compelling consumer products and services. In this role, you will collaborate with teammates in delivering a full-stack web-application ecosystem that enables our Sport Research Lab to drive new and better products. You will be actively engaged in design discussions and code reviews, and in the spirit of Agile, you will also apply your technical knowledge to provide recommendations in our solutions and to continuously improve how we work. Ultimately, you will leverage new technology and concepts to build high-quality software.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience in front-end development and integrating with RESTful APIs (React/Redux and Express preferred).
- Experience with distributed cloud technology (Node, Lambda or Google Cloud/Azure equivalents).
- Previous experience with DevOps, CI/CD and automated testing.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both technical teams and stakeholders.
- Advocate of design principles and high-quality software.
- Bonus points for experience with building data visualizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to pass a seven-year background investigation.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00427204